Recipe Courtesy of Moshulu
Yield: 6 Servings Cooking Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy Full Episode: A Taste of Philadelphia (Season 5)
Measuring CupsFull Episode: A Taste of Philadelphia (Season 5)
- Carmelize sugar, salt and water, checking color as you go by dripping onto a plate.
- Add heavy cream and milk. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, yolks and cornstarch.
- Temper into hot liquid. Remove from heat and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in butter.
- Strain mixture. Cover with plastic wrap touching pudding.
- Refrigerate. When cool, whip to lighten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Space cookies on sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ cups Water
- 3 cups Heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Yolks
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 10 ounces Butter
- 1 pound Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt