- Cooking Time:
- 1 Hour
Serves: 12 triangles
- 1 Small Onion, diced
½ cup Olive Oil
4 cups Chopped Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon Mint, chopped
½ teaspoon Nutmeg, grated
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper
1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 package Filo Dough, defrosted
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until translucent, allow to cool.
- Combine spinach in a large mixing bowl with onion, eggs, mint, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and crumbled feta. Mix well.
- To assemble the spanakopita lay one layer of filo dough on a flat surface, brush with olive oil and top with another layer of filo. Repeat for 2 additional layers ending with olive oil.
- Cut the filo into 3 sections of dough length wise to make long rectangles.
- Place two heaping tablespoons of the spinach mixture in the lower right hand corner of the filo, fold this layer upward to make a triangle. Keep folding the filo into triangles until you reach the edge. The final result should be a medium sized triangle. Repeat this step for all of the filo until you run out of filling.
- Place all of the triangles on a baking tray and brush with olive oil.
- Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Measuring Cups