- Cooking Time:
- 25 Minutes
Serves: 8 Empanadas
- 8-6 inch Round Empanada Shells or 8 Six inch Round Pie Dough Cut Outs
2 cups Diced Serrano Ham
1 cup Shredded Manchego Cheese
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lay the empanada shells on a flat work surface.
- Evenly distribute the ham across all of the shells.
- Evenly distribute both cheeses across all of the shells.
- Brush all of the edges of the shells with the beaten egg.
- Fold over the shell to make a half circle. Gently press all of the edges together to create a nice seal. Use a fork to lightly crimp the edges of each empanada.
- Place all empanadas on a baking tray with at least an inch in between each one. Brush all of the empanadas with the beaten egg.
- Bake the empanadas in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Measuring Cups