- Cooking Time:
- 30 Minutes
Serves: 6 Servings
- 1 Egg Yolk
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Pinch of Salt
¼ cup Cold-Pressed Sunflower Oil
1 tablespoon Fresh Chives, finely chopped
18 Asparagus Spears, peeled and trimmed to 3 inches
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the egg yolk, mustard, cider vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Begin blending.
- When the ingredients are well blended, and while the blender is running, add the sunflower oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Add the chives and blend until the chlorophyll from the chives dyes the vinaigrette a pale shade of green.
- Divide the vinaigrette evenly among 6 shooter glasses.
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Add the asparagus and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from the water and place 3 spears upside down into each shooter glass. Serve.
- Measuring Cups
6 Shooter Glasses