- Cooking Time:
- 2 Hours
Serves: 8 Servings
- 5 pounds Cubed Stew Beef, Chuck Roast
3.5 pints Water
1.25 pounds Tomatoes
.5 ounce Minced Garlic
.25 ounce Cumin
.25 ounce Black Pepper
.5 ounce Tomato Puree
1 ounce Jalapeno, diced
1 ounce Bell Pepper, large diced
1 ounce White Onion, diced
1 ounce Flour to make a slurry
Grated Cheddar Cheese for topping
- Let meat cook in slow cooker with 1 pint of water for 1 hour.
- In a separate pot boil whole tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes have boiled for approximately 5 minutes remove and blend tomatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add slurry and cook for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy in a taco topped with Cheddar cheese for a San Antonio Tradition Specialty.
- Slow Cooker