Recipe Courtesy of Moshulu
- Clean soft shells by removing eyes, gills and back flap.
- Dry thoroughly and season well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large enough pan to hold two soft shells, add cooking oil and allow to get hot just before smoking
- Carefully add crab to pan, sautéing for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and repeat with 2 more crabs.
- Dry cooked crabs on paper towel
- Wipe out excess oil from pan and add butter, shallots, garlic..
- Then add tomatoes, caper berries, toss until warmed throughout.
- Before serving toss parsley and lemon.
- On each plate spread a little squid ink aioli and a little garlic aioli.
- Place toasted brioche in center, arrange soft shell crab on top, and arrange tomato caper mixture on top of crab.
- Serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepot add the garlic and oil.
- Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer until garlic cloves are soft.
- Once garlic is soft, strain and retain the oil.
- When garlic is cool, puree in robot coupe and add in mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper
- 4 Soft Shell Crabs, fresh extra-large
- 4 pieces Brioche Bread, lightly toasted and cut into large enough rounds to hold Crab
- 2 Preserved Lemon, just rind finely julienned
- 1/2 cup Picked Parsley Leaves
- 1 Shallot, large and thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 12-15 pieces Sundried or roasted tomatoes in olive oil
- 12 Caper berries, cut into halves
- 3-4 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Aioli (see below)
- 3-4 tablespoons Squid Ink Aioli (see below)
- 3-4 tablespoons Light Cooking Oil or light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
Squid Ink Aioli
- 1 tablespoon Squid ink
- 1 cup Extra heavy mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Soy Sauce
Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 20 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Blended oil
- 1 cup Extra heavy mayo