Enjoy these Twice As Good Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast this Thanksgiving!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake until tender approximately 40-45 minutes. Once cooked allow to cool. Peal and mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add the eggs, salt, vanilla extract, coconut oil and the evaporated milk to the sweet potatoes and mix until combined.
- To make the dough use a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. In the bowl of the mixer add the warm water, yeast and sugar. Once the mixture looks foamy approximately 5 minutes add the potato mixture and mix on medium low speed.
- Once incorporated add both the all purpose flour and whole wheat flour 1 cup at a time until all the flour has been incorporated. Continue mixing on medium speed until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the bowl.
- Place the dough in a large bowl that has been greased with oil or sprayed nonstick spray. Cover with a clean damp cloth and place in a warm dry location until the dough has doubled in size approximately 45-6O minutes.
- Dust a flat dry work surface with flour. Place the dough onto your work surface and use a rolling pin to shape the dough into a large rectangle.
- Pour the melted butter over the dough, evenly spread the sugar, pecans and cinnamon over the butter. Starting from the longest side of the dough closest to you roll the dough jelly-roll style into a large log.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the dough in the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Place the rolls in a 13 X 9 baking dish that has been greased or sprayed with nonstick spray. Cover with a clean damp cloth and allow to proof for 30 minutes in a warm dry location.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the glaze until smooth and pour over the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy.
Mixer with Dough Hook Attachment
13 x 9 Baking Dish
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Warm Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Warm Water
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Evaporated Milk or Whole Milk
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt