- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl mix cake flour, baking soda and spices.
- In a separate bowl beat sugar, oil, egg, and egg whites until fluffy. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients. Blend until incorporated but without over mixing.
- Fold in carrots, pineapple, pecans and raisins.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- For the icing combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat until smooth, approximately 3-5 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until creamy. (Add more powdered sugar if icing consistency is too thin.)
13 x 9 inch baking dish
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted