Recipe courtesy of Chef Jay Jackson of Windows by Jamie Kennedy
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the egg yolk, mustard, cider vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Begin blending.
- When the ingredients are well blended, and while the blender is running, add the sunflower oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Add the chives and blend until the chlorophyll from the chives dyes the vinaigrette a pale shade of green.
- Divide the vinaigrette evenly among 6 shooter glasses.
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Add the asparagus and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from the water and place 3 spears upside down into each shooter glass. Serve.
6 Shooter Glasses
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup Cold-Pressed Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- 18 Asparagus Spears, peeled and trimmed to 3 inches