Recipe Courtesy of Moshulu
Yield: 4 Servings Cooking Time: 1 Hour and 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy Full Episode: A Taste of Philadelphia (Season 5)
- In a medium sauté pan, heat oil until medium hot.
- Sauté mushrooms for a few minutes until well cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Add gnocchi to pan and sauté with mushrooms until slightly colored and mixed together. Add ramps, truffle butter, shallot butter and sauté together for a min or two. Ensure season at this point with truffle salt, black pepper, add chicken broth.
- Finish with goat cheese, chives and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Plate in bowl and garnish with Parmesan cheese, and edible flowers.
- Bring water and butter to a boil.
- Add flour ALL AT ONCE.
- Stir and let cook for about 30 seconds, remove from heat.
- Take mixture to large stand mixer.
- Add to bowl with paddle.
- Let cool until steam has been, released, add eggs one at a time.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Place in piping bags, then chill slightly.
- In simmering/salted rolling water, pipe gnocchis.
- Remove when floating.
- Dry on a plate or baking pan, and reserve for future use
Measuring CupsFull Episode: A Taste of Philadelphia (Season 5)
- 2 cups Pate choux gnocchi, cooked (see recipe below)
- 2 cups Mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini, portabella), cleaned & diced large
- 2-3 ounces Soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces Wild ramp bottoms bulbs and greens, cleaned and cut into one inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon Shallot butter
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon Truffle butter
- 2 teaspoon Minced chives
- ¼ cup Chicken broth
- Snipped edible flowers for garnish
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Salt/fresh ground black peppers/truffle salt
- Pate Choux Gnocchi:
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 4 cups Flour
- 9 Eggs