Olympic Gold Metal Cookies
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 cups Flour ( plus extra for dusting)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Food Die
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cream the butter and the sugar with a hand mixer until they are light and fluffy.
- Slowly add each egg one at a time until they are well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla yogurt and mix until all of the ingredients combine.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and slowly add it to the butter and sugar using a spoon.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic and allow to chill for 2 hours.
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly dust a clean service with the flour and roll out the chilled cookie dough to a ¼ inch thickness. Use a 4 inch round cookie cutter to make the cookies.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet with 1 inch space between each cookie. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the icing and mix until smooth. The icing should be slightly thick.
- Decorate the cookies using the icing however you like. Enjoy!!
- Hand Mixer
- Plastic Wrap
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Sheet