Herbed Pocket Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Tooth Picks
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap sweet potato in foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked peal skin and mash. Set aside
- While the sweet potato is cooking lay out the chicken breast on a cutting board, loosely cover with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound thin about ¼ inch.
- Season the chicken breast with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the sweet potato, kale, breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes, raisins and sugar and mix well. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and evenly distribute the stuffing for each chicken breast. For best results place the mixture in the center of each chicken breast.
- Fold the chicken breast in half and use the toothpicks to secure the gap.
- Bush olive oil on chicken and coat in chopped cilantro.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
- Baking Sheet
- Foil Paper
- Meat Mallet
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups