Print Recipe Template
- 1 pint Lime Sorbet
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice cream
- 2 pints Watermelon or Raspberry Sorbet
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Frozen Whipped Topping
- 2 teaspoons Green Food Coloring
- Line a 3 quart mixing bowl, 2 quart mixing bowl, and a quart mixing bowl with plastic wrap inside and out.
- Use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to soften the lime sorbet. Pour all of the sorbet into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until the lime sorbet is spreadable. Take the softened lime sorbet and spread it evenly into the pre-lined 3 quart mixing bowl. Place the pre -lined two quart mixing right in the center of the lime sorbet and gently press until you see the lime sorbet spreading to the edges. Leave as is and place both bowls in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
- Use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to soften the vanilla ice cream. Pour all of the ice cream into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until the vanilla ice cream is spreadable. Remove frozen lime sorbet from the freezer and carefully remove the 2 quart mixing bowl. Take the softened vanilla ice cream and spread it over the frozen lime sorbet. Gently press the lined quart mixing bowl in the center of the vanilla ice cream and press just as you did with the lime sorbet. Freeze both bowls just as they are for 45 minutes.
- Use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to soften the watermelon sorbet. Pour all of the watermelon sorbet into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until the watermelon sorbet is spreadable. Fold in the chocolate chips. Remove the frozen vanilla and lime sorbet from the freezer. Carefully remove the quart bowl, fill in the middle of the vanilla layer with the softened watermelon sorbet. Cover and freeze for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Combine half of the whipped topping with the green food coloring and set aside.
- Remove the frozen sorbet layers from the freezer. Remove cover and turn the whole bowl upside down onto a plate or platter. Gently lift the bowl off and peal off the plastic wrap.
- Decorate the lime sorbet with both the green and regular whipped topping to look like watermelon stripes.
- Portion into 8 or 12 slices and serve frozen.
- Stand Mixer with Bowl
- Paddle Attachment
- 3 Quart Mixing Bowl
- 2 Quart Mixing Bowl
- Quart Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Wrap