Family Friendly Fun Burger
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worchester Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Loaf of Ciabatta
- 4 tablespoons Mustard
- 4 tablespoons Ketchup
- ½ cup Pickle Slices or Relish
- 1 Head Bibb Lettuce, leaves separated
- 6 Swiss Cheese Slices
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes, Worchester sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the burger mixture on top of the baking tray and form a rectangle (similar in size to the loaf of ciabatta.) Try to make the patty one inch larger than the bun on all edges because it will shrink slightly while cooking. The end result should look similar to a meat loaf. Bake for 45 minutes. Once cooked let rest for 10 minutes while assembling the bun and vegetables.
- Slice the ciabatta lengthwise in half to make a top and bottom bun. Set the top bun aside and coat the bottom layer with the mustard and ketchup.
- Place the pickles in one even layer on top of the condiments followed by a layer of Bibb lettuce leaves. Carefully place the cooked burger on top of the lettuce using two spatulas evenly distributing the weight.
- Top with cheese slices, tomatoes, and red onion. Lastly, replace the top bun to close the burger.
- Slice into portions for the whole family.
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Tray