Print Recipe Template
Bread Pudding Bites
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 quart Whole Milk
- 4 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 ounces Bourbon*
- 12 slices Day-old Bread
- Equal parts Cinnamon and Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl, whisk sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon, cocoa powder and bourbon until thoroughly combined.
- Rip bread into small pieces and place in a well-greased baking pan. Pour the custard over the torn bread and allow to soak in for a few minutes.
- Cover bread pudding tightly with parchment paper and heavy-duty aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes, then gently shake the pan. If there is still movement of the ingredients, bake covered for 5-10 additional minutes.
- Cool bread pudding in refrigerator, uncovered. Once chilled completely, remove from baking dish and, on a cutting board, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Deep-fry the bread pudding at 350 degrees in a countertop deep fryer until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. If you don’t have a deep fryer, fill a pot with oil and heat over high heat until bubbling, then drop in the bread and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes.
- While bread pudding bites are still hot, toss in a large mixing bowl with cinnamon and granulated sugar. Serve hot.
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Pan
- Deep Fryer