- 1 pound Cod Fillets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups Self Rising Flour
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Club Soda
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Lemons for Serving
- 1 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Coat all of the pieces of cod with cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place the self-rising flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour with a whisk or a spoon. Pour the egg whites and club soda in the center of the well.
- Use a whisk to incorporate the flour and egg mixture starting from the center of the well and slowly adding flour. (The batter will be very thick.) Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Dip the pieces of cod in the batter one at a time and then coat them with the crushed macadamia nuts.
- Place the coated pieces of fish directly onto the baking tray. Once all of the pieces of cod have been coated bake them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the fish warm with sauce and lemons.
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Tray