Aussie Damper Bread
- 4 cups Self Rising Flour
- 8 tablespoons Cold Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set up a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- Put the flour, cold unsalted butter and salt into the mixer bowl.
- Turn the mixer on medium and mix for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the water and turn the mixer up to medium high speed. Mix for 5-8 minutes or until the dough looks smooth.
- Place dough on a flat surface that has been dusted with flour and knead for 1 minute. Form the dough into a slightly flat disk.
- Use a sharp knife or scissors that have been dipped in flour to score the top of the dough into 8 slices. Note: Do not cut all the way through the dough.
- Place the dough onto a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Bread should be firm and sound hollow when you tap the bottom.
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Stand Mixer Fitted with the Dough Hook Attachment
- Knife or scissors
- Baking Tray