Key Lime Pie
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup Crushed Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ cup Melted Butter or Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Fresh Key Lime Juice about (1 pound of Key Limes)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 Key Limes, sliced thin
- Key Lime Zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, macadamia nuts, melted butter and salt in a bowl. Once combined pour into a 8 inch pie pan and press with your finger tips to form the crust. Refrigerate crust for at least 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice, and cornstarch until fully combined.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool pie at room temperature on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Continue cooling in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To make the topping whip the heavy cream and sugar with hand mixer until the cream has doubled in volume and a little peak is formed on the tip of the whisk when you lift it out of the whipped cream.
- Top the cooled pie with the whipped cream, key lime zest and slices. Enjoy!!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 8 inch Pie Pan
- Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls