- Cooking Time:
- 1.5 Hours
- 400 grams (1 ¼ lbs.) Haddock, cooked or
560 grams (1 ¼ lbs.) Cod, cooked
400 grams (1 ¼ lbs.) Potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 White Onion, finely chopped
300 milliliters (11 oz.) Milk
55 grams (2 oz.) Butter
3 tablespoons Flour
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons Icelandic herbs, freshly shipped to add color, flavor & garnish)
- Skin, bone and break up the fish into flakes.
- Slowly heat milk in a saucepan almost to a boiling point.
- Meanwhile, in a medium to large non-stick saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion over medium heat until soft. Do not allow it to brown.
- Sprinkle flour over onion, stir well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add warmed milk, stirring continuously. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add flaked fish and stir briskly to break up the fish flakes completely. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and stir gently. Cook over low heat until heated through.
- Spoon into 4 bowls and sprinkle with herbs. Serve hot with dark rye bread and butter.
- Decorate with Icelandic herbs like chives (flowers).