- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Butter or Coconut Oil, softened
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 10-20 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 24 Small Chocolate Cake Cookies
- 48 Candy Eyes
- 48 Large Brown Candy Coated Chocolates
- 96 Small Brown Candy Coated Chocolates
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Cupcakes: Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the butter and sugar, slowly add the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and slowly whisk until they are well blended. Do not over mix.
- Fill the paper liners ¾ of the way and bake for 18-20 minutes until the cupcakes are cooked through. Let cool completely.
- Frosting: Combine all the frosting ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Spread about two tablespoons of frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
- Place the remaining frosting in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Next pulverize the chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor.
- Dip the tops of the frosted cupcakes into the chocolate crumbs. Set aside
- Thread a toothpick ¾ of the way through the center of each chocolate cake cookie.
- Use a small dot of prepared frosting on the back of each candy eye to adhere two to each cookie.
- Next place a small dot of frosting under each set of eyes to make a nose.
- Use the large brown candy coated chocolates to make two cheeks.
- Place two small brown candy coated chocolates at the tops of the cookies to make ears.
- Cut each marshmallow in half. Make a small slit ¾ of the way though the half of the marshmallow and slightly separate it. Stick the cut side to the cookie under the cheeks to make two long groundhog teeth.
- Now insert the toothpick into the center of the cupcake and stand up each groundhog.
- Place two small brown candy coated chocolates in front of the groundhog to make the little hands. Enjoy!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cupcake Pans
- Cupcake Liners
- Mixing Bowls
- Piping Bag with Tip
- Food Processor