Pumpkin Owl Mousse Cups
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 10 sheets Chocolate Gram Crackers
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup Melted Dark Chocolate
- ¼ cup Melted White Chocolate
- 2 large Apples
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ cup Round Oat Cereal, multigrain
- 6 Candy Corn Candies
- In a large bowl whisk the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until it is smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer whip the heavy cream to a stiff peak. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- To make crust grind all the crackers in a food processor to achieve a sand like crumb. Next add the salt, sugar, and melted butter pulse until just combined.
- Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray. Evenly distribute the crust mixture into each cup. Use a smaller cup or your fingertips to mold the crust into little cups in the muffin pan. Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes. Once the crusts have set remove them from the pan and place them on a plate.
- Fill the prepared crusts with the pumpkin mousse. Keep refrigerated.
- To make the Owl Eyes decoration, line a baking tray with parchment. Place one teaspoon of melted dark chocolate on the parchment and use the back of the spoon to make a large circle. While the dark chocolate is still wet, place ½ teaspoon of white chocolate in the middle to make the white of the eye, again using the back of the spoon to make a small circle. Finish the eye with a drop of dark chocolate in the middle. Make six sets of eyes. Place in the freezer to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the apples width wise with a sharp knife to make large circles. Remove any seeds in the middle with a toothpick.
- Place the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a sifter and lightly dust all the apples.
- Next begin decorating the owls with the chocolate eyes, almonds for wings, oat cereal for the belly, and a candy corn for a beak.
- Top pumpkin mousse cups with the owls. Eat immediately or keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- 6-Cup Muffin Pan
- Sharp Knife
- Baking Tray