Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies
- 1 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil or Palm Oil, softened
- 1 ½ cups Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Raspberry Jam
- Powdered Sugar To Garnish
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Use hand held mixer or stand mixer to whip the coconut oil and 1 cup of sugar 3-4 minutes. Add the egg, 2 tablespoons of vanilla, and milk whip for an additional minute. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and whip until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and use a rolling pin to roll the cookie dough into a ¼ inch thick rectangle.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out a total of 24 cookies. Note: You will have to roll out the leftover dough 2 additional times. Discard any remaining dough.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer baked cookies to a cooling rack.
- To make the coconut cream carefully open the can of coconut milk. Use a spoon to separate the thickened cream on the top of the can and place in a bowl. Note: try not to mix in too much of the coconut water that will fall to the bottom of the can.
- Whip the coconut cream with the remaining sugar and vanilla extract to a medium peak. Place the cream into a piping bag fitted with a star or circular tip.
- Place the raspberry jam into a piping bag.
- Use the cream to pipe a heart boarder on 12 of the cooled cookies. Fill the center of the hearts with the raspberry jam.
- Top all the cookies with the remaining 12 hearts. Dust the tops of the cookies with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Hand Mixer
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Baking Sheet
- Piping Bags