Strawberry Mousse Cups
- 2 ½ cups Fresh Strawberries
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Hot Water
- 1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Butter or Shortbread Cookies, crushed
- Strawberries to Garnish
- Wash and dry strawberries. Cut tops off strawberries and chop into small pieces. Reserve ½ cup of chopped strawberries. Use food processor or blender to puree strawberries. Strain and set aside.
- Using stand mixer fitted with whip attachment, whip softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly add strawberry puree.
- Bloom gelatin by mixing hot water and gelatin, stir until all of the gelatin is dissolved in water. Add gelatin to strawberry mixture and whip until frothy 4-5 minutes.
- Slowly add heavy cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until mousse has tripled in volume, 3-4 minutes.
- Place mousse in piping bag and set aside.
- Next assemble mousse cups by adding about 1 tablespoon of the crushed cookies to the bottom of each cup, top with 1 tablespoon of diced strawberries. Fill cups with mousse to the top. Garnish with crushed cookies and a sliced strawberry. Enjoy!
- Measuring Cups
- Stand Mixer with Whip Attachment
- 8-4 Ounce Cups