- 3 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Molasses
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cream of Tartar
- 1-2 tablespoons Cold Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract (optional)
- Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Use stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment to cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add egg and then vanilla extract. Add cinnamon powder, pumpkin pie spice and ginger powder.
- Next slowly add sifted flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide cookie dough into two balls wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into a one inch disk. Chill dough for up to 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a clean floured work surface roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is about ¼ inch thick. Use gingerbread man cookie cutter (or your favorite cookie cutter) and punch out cookies. Place them on prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes for soft cookies or 10-12 for crunchy cookies.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature.
- Make royal icing by combining powdered sugar, cream of tartar and milk. Spoon icing into piping bag fitted with small round tip.
- Decorate cooled cookies with royal icing. Enjoy!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Sheet Trays
- Stand Mixer
- Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter