Yield: 12 triangles Cooking Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy Full Episode: Going Greek! (Season 4)
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until translucent, allow to cool.
- Combine spinach in a large mixing bowl with onion, eggs, mint, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and crumbled feta. Mix well.
- To assemble the spanakopita lay one layer of filo dough on a flat surface, brush with olive oil and top with another layer of filo. Repeat for 2 additional layers ending with olive oil.
- Cut the filo into 3 sections of dough length wise to make long rectangles.
- Place two heaping tablespoons of the spinach mixture in the lower right hand corner of the filo, fold this layer upward to make a triangle. Keep folding the filo into triangles until you reach the edge. The final result should be a medium sized triangle. Repeat this step for all of the filo until you run out of filling.
- Place all of the triangles on a baking tray and brush with olive oil.
- Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Measuring CupsFull Episode: Going Greek! (Season 4)
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 4 cups Chopped Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Mint, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 package Filo Dough, defrosted