October 6th is National Noodle Day! Celebrate with our Twice As Good Asian Noodles!!
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the fresh noodles and cook for no more than 3 minutes, for dried noodles fallow package directions. Once the noodles are ready immediately drain and toss in a few tablespoons of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil, while constantly stirring add the red bell pepper and orange bell pepper cook for 1 min. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the wok and set aside.
- Next add a tablespoon of oil to the hot wok and while constantly stirring add the shrimp. Cook for 1-2 minutes for small shrimp and 2-3 minutes for larger shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Quickly add all of the noodle sauce ingredients to the wok. Cook the sauce for about 2 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Finally add the cooked noodles to the sauce. Toss. Add the cooked vegetables and shrimp back into the pot with the noodles and toss all together. Season with salt and pepper if desired and top with cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Fresh Egg Noodles or Dried Egg Noodles
- ¼ cup Peanut Oil or Canola Oil
- ½ cup Thinly Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Thinly Sliced Orange Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Thinly Sliced Snow Peas
- 1 cup Red or Green Kale Leaves
- 1 cup Thinly Sliced Shitake Mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 6 heads Baby Bok Choy, sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ pound Shrimp, pealed
- Cilantro and Green Onions, to garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece Fresh Ginger, pealed and finely chopped
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Black Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Water