Celebrate National Spinach Day on March 26 with our Twice as Good Spinach Salad with Almond Chicken!
40 Minutes Cooking
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix eggs with water in shallow dish to make an egg wash.
- Combine the almonds, flour, chili powder, onion powder, dry mustard, and salt in separate shallow bowl
- Working with one piece at a time, coat chicken breast in egg wash and then almond crust mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare salad and dressing.
- To assemble salad, make base with spinach in large bowl or individual bowls. Top spinach with blackberries, grape tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing in small bowl. Dressing should be slightly thick.
- Chicken is fully cooked when meat thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast. Allow to cool and then top salad with chicken.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad and chicken. Enjoy!
- 8 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- ½ cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
Lemon Poppy Dressing:
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Almond Crusted Chicken:
- 4-6 ounces Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt