Coconut Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 425F. Roll out the pie crust and fit into a 9” round pie pan. Dock the bottom and sides of the crust. Cover with foil paper. Fill with pie weights or uncooked beans. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked remove the foil and weights. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Place the egg yolks and cornstarch in a heatproof bowl. Whisk together.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut milk, milk, and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Temper the eggs by slowly adding the warm milk ¼ cup at a time while continuously whisking. Once half the milk has been added to the eggs slowly pour the entire mixture into the saucepan.
- Whisk over medium low heat for approximately 4 minutes. Once the mixture begins to thicken cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract, coconut extract and butter. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour the coconut pastry cream into a heatproof glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks are formed. Keep Cool.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded coconut. Stir until all the coconut is evenly toasted. Set aside.
- To assemble the pie, spoon the cooled coconut pastry cream into the baked pie shell. Top with whipped cream and coconut flakes. Cover and cool for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
9" Pie Pan
- 1- 9” round Premade Pie Crust
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 1-13.5 once can Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar