Happy Father’s Day! Treat your Dad to a Twice As Good Father’s Day Tie Cookie this year!
- Combine the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg whites and coconut oil, stir until everything is combined.
- Place the dough on a baking tray lined with wax paper and chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- After the dough has rested transfer the dough to a flat work surface lined with wax paper. Top the dough with another peace of wax paper and use a rolling pin to make a ¼ inch thick sheet of cookie dough.
- Use a traditional tie or a bow tie shaped cookie cutter to stamp out the cookies. Place the cookies onto a baking tray and chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes or until the outer edges are golden brown. Cool the cookies on a cooling rack for 1 hour.
- To make the icing combine the powdered sugar, merengue powder and milk into a large mixing bowl mix until there are no lumps. If the icing looks too stiff add an extra tablespoon of milk.
- Transfer small amounts of the icing to 3 or 4 small bowls and color them with the food coloring of your choice.
- Pour some icing into a small piping bag and decorate the cooled cookies. Let the icing set for at least an hour before eating. Enjoy.!
Tie Shaped Cookie Cutter
- 3 cups plus 4 tablespoons Oat Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar or Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Egg Whites, room temperature
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Merengue Powder or Cream of Tartar
- 3-4 tablespoons Milk or Coconut Milk
- A few drops of your favorite food coloring