Celebrate National Crab Meat Day with our delicious Twice as Good Crab Dip!
- Sauté onions, peppers, and garlic in oil until soft and translucent.
- Add butter and flour to make roux. Cook for 2 minutes or until the flour has turned a light golden brown.
- Add cold milk. Stir frequently to prevent clumps.
- Add half of the cheese. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and fold in crab.
- Pour crab dip into oven safe serving crock. Top with remaining cheese.
- Turn broiler on high. Broil until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vegetables and crackers. Enjoy!
- ½ cup Onions, chopped
- ½ cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 8 ounces Crab Meat
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley, chopped
- Crackers and Vegetables for dipping