Recipe courtesy of Chef Michael of Eagle’s Nest Resort
- Pre-cook potatoes in boiling salted water. Lightly crush and set aside until required.
- Crisp bacon in a frying pan, then remove from pan, reserving the juices. Chop bacon and return to pan.
- Add chopped scallions, lemon zest and lightly crushed potatoes. Season to taste with salt & pepper and drizzle olive oil until desired consistency.
- In a hot pan add olive oil. When almost smoking add Hapuka fillets, then put a knob of butter into pan and cook to taste.
- Put clean mussels in a thick based pot with white wine, garlic and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add cream and then turn down heat and steam mussels until they open.
- Remove mussels from pot and put on plates. Return pan with juices to a medium heat and add butter to make sauce. Drizzle sauce around plate.
- 500 gms Skinned & Boned Hapuka fillet
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 400 gms Potatoes
- 100 gms Streaky Bacon
- 50 gms Butter
- 30 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 kg New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels, cleaned
- 150 mls White Wine (or 150 ml Water or 150 ml Vegetable Broth)
- 15 gms Crushed Garlic
- 5 gms Chopped Parsley
- 150 mls Cream
- 50 gm Butter