Happy Easter!! Try out these fun Easter Bunny Cupcakes for all of your friends and family. We hope your Easter is Twice As Good.
24 Bunny Cupcakes
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two standard 12 cup muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- To make the cupcakes combine the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and cream together on medium low speed for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the two eggs. Continue to cream for 5 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the edges of the bowl when necessary.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and continue mixing for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer off and scrape down all the edges. Resume low speed and add in the cake flour, baking powder, malt powder, and pink sprinkles. Mix until just combined.
- Fill each paper cupcake liner ¾ of the way to the top. Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven for 12- 15 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- For the icing: Combine the butter and the cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment and whip on medium high speed for 3 minutes.
- Lower the mixer to low speed and slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract whip for 1 minute until most of the sugar is incorporated then turn the mixer back up to medium speed and whip for an additional 5 minuets. Transfer the icing to a smaller bowl, decorate each cooled cupcake with the icing.
- To make the bunny ears thread a quarter of each large marshmallow onto a tooth pick leaving a ½ inch of the toothpick exposed on the bottom. Pinch the marshmallow with your fingers to make a tear drop shape. Press the center of each marshmallow into the pink decorating sugar to make the inside of the bunny ears. ( Be sure to keep pairs of bunny ears together)
- Stand two bunny ears on each iced cupcake securing them with the toothpick. (try not to let any of the toothpick be exposed)
- Make eyes and a nose with the jellybeans or candy coated chocolates.
- Use two halves of the mini marshmallows for the bunny cheeks.
- Last Use the black decorating icing to make 3 whiskers right next to each marshmallow.
- Store in a cool dry location or eat immediately. Enjoy.
Equipment:2-12 Cup Muffin Tins
Stand Mixer with Bowl
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Butter Milk
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Malt Powder
- ¼ cup Pink Sprinkles
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ½ cup Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 16 Large Marshmallows, cut in thirds widthwise
- 24 Toothpicks
- 24 Mini Marshmallows, cut in half
- Pink Decorating Sugar
- Black Decorating Icing
- Jellybeans or Candy Coated Chocolates
- Paper Cupcake Liners