It’s officially Fall! Celebrate this Fall with our Twice As Good Stuffed Squash!
Fall Stuffed Squash
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove all of the seeds. Place the cleaned squash on a baking sheet drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350° F for 35-45 minutes or until the center is tender.
- Meanwhile heat a heavy bottom medium saucepan to medium heat. Add about two tablespoons of olive oil and saute the onions and the garlic until they are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and lightly saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the couscous and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked couscous from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes covered. Once ready fluff the couscous with a fork and add the sage and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Fill the cooked squash with the mushroom couscous, top with the remaining cheese and place under the broiler for 2-5 minutes to melt the cheese. Enjoy!
- 2 small to medium Acorn Squash
- ¼ cup Olive oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 cups Sliced Baby Bella or Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 2/3 cup Vegetable Stock
- 7 leaves Fresh Sage, chopped
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, optional