Cool off this summer with our Twice as Good Watermelon Salad!
Grilled Watermelon Salad
- Remove the rind from the watermelon. Cut the watermelon into large slices.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to a high heat. Grill each piece of watermelon for 1 minute on each side.
- Cut the grilled watermelon into large cubes. Toss the watermelon the almonds, cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers and transfer to a serving bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette: blend the cherries, oil, vinegar and honey in a small blender for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the watermelon salad and garnish with micro greens or arugula. Enjoy!
Grill Pan or Outdoor Grill
- 1 Medium Seedless Watermelon
- ½ cup Sliced Toasted Almonds
- ½ cup Fresh Farmers Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup Cucumber Slices
- ½ cup Micro Greens or Arugula
- 1 cup Pitted Fresh or Thawed Frozen Cherries
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Salt and Fresh Pepper