August 10th is National S’mores Day! Enjoy this sweet and gooey camping favorite with homemade Twice As Good Marshmallows.
30 Extra Large Marshmallows
- Spray a 13x9 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, coat the entire surface with a dusting of powdered sugar. Set aside. Set up a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on a flat work surface.
- Pour ½ a cup of water into the bowl of the mixer and sprinkle on the 3 packs of gelatin.
- Next pour the remaining water, sugar, agave and salt into medium saucepan with a heavy bottom. Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove the cover and attach a candy thermometer to the pan. Cook the syrup until the temperature reaches 240°F about 10 minutes.
- Now working very carefully turn the mixer on medium low speed and slowly pour the hot syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin. Gradually increase the speed to high.
- Once the mixture has tripled in volume and the bowl is just slightly warm to the touch about 12-16 minutes add the vanilla extract and whisk until just incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten the top with a large offset spatula.
- Dust the top of the marshmallow with the remaining powdered sugar and allow to set in a cool area uncovered for about 4 hours.
- Dust a flat work surface with powdered sugar and unmold the large marshmallow from the baking dish. Use a large sharp knife to cut the marshmallow into large squares or use a fun shaped cookie cutter to make desired shape. Store in an air tight container for up to two weeks. Enjoy with a glass of hot chocolate or roasted with S’mores.
Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Water
- 3 packs Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Agave Nectar
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract