Who doesn’t love the Winter Olympics? All of the great sports that we’ll be watching in Sochi have inspired us to make a healthy sandwich that will offer nutrition and energy for the aspiring athletes at your house. Our Olympic Bobsleigh Sandwich recipe is fun to make AND to eat. The baguette is the perfect edible vehicle to hold the delicious roasted veggies that are stuffed inside. The eggplant is an excellent source of vitamins C and K, zucchini offers vitamin A, portabella offers fiber, and the white beans bring home the GOLD by offering protein. We hope your Winter Olympic Games are Twice as Good!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, and bell pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, balsamic, and chopped parsley over the vegetables and toss. Place the vegetables on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting combine the cooked white beans, chives, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper into a mini food processor. Blend until smooth. (If needed add a splash of water)
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise and spread the bean and herb mixture evenly on both sides, layer the sandwich with the vegetables and the watercress. Top with crumbled feta and enjoy.
Mini Food Processor
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Eggplant, sliced
- 1 Portabella Mushroom, sliced
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup Cooked White Beans
- 2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Basil, chopped
- ¼ cup Feta, crumbled
- 1 cup Watercress
- 1 Multigrain Baguette