Recipe courtesy of Mi Tierra Café
- Let meat cook in slow cooker with 1 pint of water for 1 hour.
- In a separate pot boil whole tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes have boiled for approximately 5 minutes remove and blend tomatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add slurry and cook for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy in a taco topped with Cheddar cheese for a San Antonio Tradition Specialty.
- 5 pounds Cubed Stew Beef, Chuck Roast
- 3.5 pints Water
- 1.25 pounds Tomatoes
- .5 ounce Minced Garlic
- .25 ounce Cumin
- .25 ounce Black Pepper
- .5 ounce Tomato Puree
- 1 ounce Jalapeno, diced
- 1 ounce Bell Pepper, large diced
- 1 ounce White Onion, diced
- 1 ounce Flour to make a slurry
- Grated Cheddar Cheese for topping