Courtesy of St. Andrews Links‘ Culinary Team.
- Finely chop onions and garlic then sweat down in a pan with a knob of butter and drizzle of oil over a low heat until softened.
- Add rice and turn heat up. The rice will now begin to lightly fry, keep stirring it. After 1 minute it will look slightly translucent.
- Add the wine and keep stirring, any harsh alcohol flavours will evaporate and leave the rice with a tasty essence. Once wine has cooked into rice gradually start to add your stock.
- Turn down the heat and simmer. Taste the rice until cooked. Add mussels and crab meat. Remove pan from the heat add remaining butter and parmesan, stir well.
- Fry the halibut in a pan for 4 minutes, or until golden brown on the serving side. Turn the fillet over, add a knob of butter to the pan and cook for another minute or so.
- Finally serve and garnish with samphire. Enjoy!
- 60g White Onion
- 30g Garlic
- 50g Butter
- 100g Risotto Rice
- 75ml White Wine
- 100ml Shellfish Stock
- 40g Crab meat
- 75g Mussels
- 50g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6oz Halibut
- 30ml Olive oil
- 3g Samphire
- Salt and Pepper