Recipe courtesy of Beach Bistro
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic, shallot, celery, fennel and leeks. Sauté until just barely golden brown.
- Add in clam juice, tomato juice and Pernod. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in herbs and continue to simmer.
- Sprinkle in chives then add tomato and saffron. Let simmer.
- Add shellfish first (clams and mussels) then the grouper and lobster.
- Add white wine and continue to simmer. Add in shrimp.
- Beach Bistro serves their Bistro Bouillabaisse with a fresh herb garnish, toast points, and house-made garlic aïoli.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ clove Garlic, chopped
- ½ stalk Celery, chopped
- ½ small Shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Leek, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fennel, chopped
- ½ cup Clam Juice
- ¾ cup Tomato Juice
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Tarragon, diced
- ½ teaspoon Anise
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 Plum Tomato, chopped
- 1 pinch Saffron
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Fresh Local Little or Middle Neck Clams (Beach Bistro uses local Terra Ceia clams)
- 3 Fresh Mussels (Beach Bistro uses PEI mussels)
- 3 2-ounce pieces Fresh Fish (Beach Bistro uses Gulf of Mexico grouper)
- 1 Lobster Tail (Beach Bistro uses Nova Scotia lobster)
- 3 Fresh Shrimp (Beach Bistro uses Gulf of Mexico shrimp)