For a Twice as Good summer treat, try our Sheet Pan Ice Cream Sandwich!
Sheet Pan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 18 x 13 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix for 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time scraping down the sides of the bowl after each egg.
- In a small bowl mix the cocoa powder, cornstarch, flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the cookie dough onto the prepared sheet pan. Use a flat spatula or the back of a spoon to level the cookie dough. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow the cookie to fully cool for 45 minutes.
- Transfer the cookie to a cutting board and cut in half to make two even rectangles.
- Scoop all the ice cream that has been thawing onto one half of the cookie. Again, use a flat spatula or the back of a spoon to make an even layer of ice cream on the cookie. Top the ice cream with the remaining cookie, top side up. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove giant ice cream sandwich cookie from freezer and transfer to a cutting board. Cut the sandwich into 12 even pieces. Dip the exposed ice cream into your toppings of choice. Freeze until ready to eat. Enjoy!
18 x 13 Sheet Pan
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose Flour or 1-1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Jumbo Chocolate Chips
- 1 1.5-quart Vanilla Ice Cream (or your favorite ice cream), thaw on counter for 5 minutes before using
- Sprinkles, Chopped Peanuts, and/or Chocolate Chips for decorating