Whole grains and fruit are an excellent way to start your day! Our Blueberry Waffles will make your breakfast Twice as Good!
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg whites, milk, vanilla, and butter. Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the blueberries and set aside.
- Preheat the waffle maker to medium high. Pour ¾ cup of batter in the center of the waffle grid. Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes.
- For the syrup, combine the ingredients in a small saucepot. Cook over medium heat until syrupy about 6-8 minutes. Enjoy with the waffles.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 ¾ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Water
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar