1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the tops off the carrots. Set aside. Wash and peel carrots.
- In a large pot bring the water, brown sugar, salt and cayenne powder to a boil. Add the carrots and cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove the carrots and allow to cool.
- Fill a large bowl with water and add the apple cider vinegar. Wash and peel the potatoes. Use a spiralizer to make long strands of the potatoes. Once cut place all of the potatoes into the water.
- Twist the strands of potato around each carrot starting from the top. Tuck in any loose ends into the overlapping potato strands. Place the carrots on the prepared baking tray seam side down if possible.
- Once all the carrots are wrapped, brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Fill a piping bag with a tablespoon of yogurt. Cut a small tip off the bag and pipe tiny eyes on each mummy.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Pour into a serving bowl. Keep cold until ready to serve.
- Place carrot mummies on a serving platter along side the dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- 24 Baby Carrots with Tops
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Small Russet Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Melted Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Plain Yogurt
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Carrot Leaves or Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Brown Mustard
- Salt and Pepper