Recipe courtesy of A Painter’s Kitchen: Recipes from the Kitchen of Georgia O’Keeffe by Margaret Wood
- Mash the pumpkin, then put it in the blender with the chicken broth, cream or half and half. (Try to use fresh, baked pumpkin with a naturally sweet taste.)
- Blend this at a high setting until smooth, then pour into a heavy, medium-sized saucepan.
- Slowly heat but do not simmer. Season with herb salt and nutmeg. Add more nutmeg as a garnish if desired.
- 1 cup Fresh pumpkin, baked (or Acorn or Turban squash)
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Half and half or cream
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon Herb salt