May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day! Try our Chocolate Chip Cake as a way to celebrate!
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 3 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fit a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip the egg whites on high until frothy, slowly add ½ cup of sugar. Continue whipping the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the egg yolks, 1 cup of sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. (the batter will be slightly thick)
- Whisk 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the batter. Lightly fold the remaining egg whites into the batter.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Raise the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Once the cakes are ready cool them on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Top with whipped cream and enjoy.
3 8-inch Round Cake Pans
- 8 Egg Whites
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Whipped Cream