- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: butter or oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients using a hand mixer on medium low speed until all the flour is incorporated.
- Roll 24 teaspoon size cookie dough balls out of the dough. Place the formed balls onto the prepared baking sheets leaving an inch space between each cookie. Slightly flatten each cookie dough ball into the shape of a disk. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Once removed from oven, use the bottom of a spatula to slightly flatten cookies when warm. Cool cookies for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a large round tip with marshmallow fluff.
- Pipe about a tablespoon onto 12 cookies. Top each of those 12 cookies with the “top side” of the reserved cookies so that the flat bottom is on the top.
- Once all 12 cookies have been assembled place the cookies onto the prepared cooling rack.
- Combine the melted oil with the melted chocolate and mix well. Pour the mixed chocolate into a measuring cup with a spout.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate over each cookie in a circular motion to coat top and sides of the cookie with chocolate. Tip: Allow the excess chocolate to drip onto the baking sheet. Lightly tap the entire baking sheet to remove the excess chocolate from each cookie and remove any air bubbles that may have formed.
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Transfer the Eclipse Moon Pies onto a serving plate for your solar Eclipse party. Enjoy!!!
1 Cooling Rack
- 1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup Ground Pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil, melted