Celebrate National Lemon Juice Day on August 29th with our Twice as Good Lemon Bars!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- To make crust, combine 2 cups of whole wheat flour, oats, melted butter and powdered sugar in bowl and stir until mixture looks like wet sand. Pour crust base into prepared baking dish. Press with hands to form even layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Using hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, incorporate reserved ¼ cup of whole wheat flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until center is just set.Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting. Enjoy!
9x13 Baking Dish
- 2 ¼ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, melted
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt