Last week the Florida Keys were devastated by Hurricane Irma. 25% of all homes were destroyed and 65% had major damage. The category 4 storm killed 12 people displaced thousands of others. With many schools acting as shelters, kids have been particularly hard hit in this disaster. Your donation will go to helping the families of the Florida Keys recover. If you’d like to help, please donate at www.youcaring.com/keylimepiechallenge Even small donations make a big difference!
You can also help by joining us in the KEY LIME PIE CHALLENGE.
- Why key lime pie??? Because it is the signature dish of the keys!
- How does it work???
- Make a key lime pie, buy a pie, or (if you aren’t going to eat it) just fill a pie dish with whipped cream.
- Grab a friend
- Close your eyes
- Enjoy the fun of getting a pie in the face :}
- Share your video with friends
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, macadamia nuts, melted butter and salt in a bowl. Once combined pour into a 8 inch pie pan and press with your finger tips to form the crust. Refrigerate crust for at least 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice, and cornstarch until fully combined.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool pie at room temperature on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Continue cooling in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To make the topping whip the heavy cream and sugar with hand mixer until the cream has doubled in volume and a little peak is formed on the tip of the whisk when you lift it out of the whipped cream.
- Top the cooled pie with the whipped cream, key lime zest and slices. Enjoy!!
8 inch Pie Pan
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup Crushed Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ cup Melted Butter or Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Fresh Key Lime Juice about (1 pound of Key Limes)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 Key Limes, sliced thin
- Key Lime Zest