March 20 is National Ravioli Day. Celebrate with our homemade Twice As Good Three Cheese Ravioli!
- To make the dough use a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Add all of the ingredients for the pasta dough into the bowl of the mixer. Mix on medium low speed until the dough forms a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling for the ravioli by combining the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic and truffle salt.
- To make the ravioli divide the prepared dough into 4 portions. Roll out the dough into thin sheets using a pasta roller or a rolling pin. Note: always work with extra flour to prevent the pasta from sticking to any work surface.
- Once you have made long thin sheets of pasta, lay them over a ravioli press and place a teaspoon of filling in each individual ravioli mold. Brush the edges of pasta with water and lay another sheet of pasta over the top of the filling. Use the ravioli press top to form the individual raviolis.
- To cook the ravioli: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Top the cooked ravioli with your favorite marinara, extra parmesan and fresh basil for garnish.
Stand Mixer with Dough Hook
Pasta Roller or Rolling Pin
- Pasta Dough:
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Truffle Salt (optional)
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil