Celebrate Spring with Ladybug Bites! This recipe is a fun way to play
with your veggies! We hope you will try this recipe for your next after
school snack. May your Ladybug Bites Be Twice as Good!
- Combine the peas, minced chives, and minced parsley in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and process until the mixture is smooth. Place the spread into a bowl and set aside.
- Spread each cracker with a bit of the pea spread.
- To make the ladybug body place a half tomato right on the spread. Or two quarters of the cherry tomato right on the spread to look like open wings.
- Use one half of a olive in place of a lady bug head.
- Use the black food coloring to make little dots on the tomato to look like ladybug dots.
- Use the 1 inch long chives to make two small antennas. Place the chives right inside the olive slightly peaking out.
- Eat immediately. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Fresh Peas, blanched
- 2 tablespoons Chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- 24 Whole Wheat Crackers
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, halved and or quartered
- 12 Pitted Black Olives, halved
- Chives cut in 1 inch length for antennas
- Black Food Coloring