Courtesy of Executive Chef Robert Vargo, LeMont Restaurant
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and minced white onion. Sauté until translucent.
- Add Pernod, reduce by half. Add heavy cream, Asiago and Parmesan cheese. Simmer until thick.
- Remove from stove and blend with crab and spinach. Set sauce aside.
- Place sea bass flat on small baking tray.
- Cut two 3-inch holes in the center of each piece of sea bass.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce into center holes. Save remaining sauce.
- In preheated oven at 350 degrees, bake until Rockefeller sauce is golden brown and sea bass is flaky to the touch.
- Reheat remaining sauce and drizzle on top of the sea bass. Sprinkle minced roasted red peppers, yellow peppers and green onions, then serve.
- ¼ cup Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup White Onion, (minced)
- ¼ cup Pernod
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces Asiago Cheese (shaved)
- 2 ounces Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 4 ounces Jumbo Lump Crab
- 2 ounces Organic Spinach, (fresh)
- Sea Bass:
- 2 - 8 ounces Chilean Sea Bass
- 2 pieces Sliced Green Onion
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers (minced)
- Salt and Pepper